The Summer Olympics come to Rio July 27 through August 12, 2016. Also be sure to check out our Ludus Rio Blog.
For more information and to receive Rio Games and Ludus Tours updates, deals, and offers please fill out the form below:
Some Info About Rio
• Time zone, o GMT/UTC 0, Noon in Austin, Texas means it’s 6pm in Rio
• Rio does observe Daylight Savings
• Country calling code is +44, city code is 207
• Currency, o Great British Pound, also called a sterling pound
• Each pound (£) is made up of 100 pence (p)
• Coins: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, 1£ and 2£., o Bank notes: 5£, 10£, 20£, and 50£., • No visa is needed for a United States citizen staying up to six months
• ATMs are easily found, MasterCard and Visa are accepted almost everywhere
• Tips are usually added onto restaurant bills but if not, a 10-15% tip is acceptable. You never tip in a pub. Tip taxi drivers up to 10% or round up to the nearest pound. Tour guides and/or drivers appreciate a tip for their commentary.
• Tap water in the city is safe to drink.
• Smoking is banned in all enclosed public places.,
• Drive on the left side of the road; always wear your seat belt.
• Most US cell phones will work in Rio.
• There are plenty of internet cafes and Wi-Fi hotspots.
• Rio uses 240 volts.
• English is the official language.,
• Summers have an average high temperature of 73°F and an average low of 57°F.
• Texting the word "toilet" to the number 80097 provides directions to the nearest public restroom.